Why Does Songtrust Need My W-9 Information?

It’s a standard piece of paperwork for U.S. taxpayers.

The IRS requires signed W-9 forms for anyone receiving money from royalty payments. We will not be able to pay out any of your earnings without this paperwork. If you are not a U.S. taxpayer, you will need to submit a completed W8-BEN form.

Songtrust is unable to offer you tax advice; please fill out necessary tax forms to the best of your ability, and seek consultation if necessary.

You can find more information on how to fill out tax forms at www.irs.gov, or by reading this post on tax IDs and the W8-BEN requirements for Songtrust’s international clients.


Thanks for reading. Please rate the article below.

Want to keep up with Songtrust for frequent music and publishing updates?

Follow us @songtrust 
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Visit the Songtrust Blog


Disclaimer: This article is for educational and informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. The content contained in this article is not legal advice or a legal opinion on any specific matter or matters.