2. Collection Partners/Pay Sources
  3. Performance Rights Organizations & Collective Management Organizations (PROs/CMOs)

Where Should I Submit My Setlists for Cruise Ship Performances?

Live performances - on a cruise ship

Becoming an act for a cruise ship is a great way to earn money playing your music. Typically, as a performer, you would be responsible for submitting your setlists. The process for registering a setlist is fairly simple and requirements can be found on your PRO/CMO’s website. You can use our Collection Society Database to find your society’s information if you’re unsure where to start.

For cruise ships, it’s all based on which PRO licenses the cruise line. So for example, any cruise lines that are based in the United States would be licensed by ASCAP and BMI, regardless of the territories that the ship sails through.

When performing on the ship, the setlist should be given to the person responsible for submitting music details to the PRO that is licensing the ship. The PROs receive the set lists from the cruise lines they license and will also chase them for missing data if necessary. In theory, the artists/songwriter should not need to personally submit set lists, as it is the responsibility of the cruise line. If your cruise line is not sending them, then you are still able to submit them personally.