What is Tax Withholding, and Will It Affect Me?

This is important to know as an international client.

The United States has agreements in place with certain countries that requires withholding taxes to be paid to the US government from income paid out by US businesses (like Songtrust) to foreign residents. These tax rates for “Copyright Income” are determined via country-to-country treaties between the US government and other nations, and range from 0% to 30%.

We have listed the tax withholding rates for each of the countries where we are required by the US government to withhold taxes for income generated through your copyrights. If you reside in one of these countries, the royalties you would get from Songtrust would already have these taxes deducted. There is nothing more that you need to do in terms of payments to the US government.

Please visit https://www.irs.gov/payments/tax-withholding for more information.

We are unable to offer tax advice and suggest consulting a tax professional about your country’s procedures relating to your publishing income and to answer any of your personal tax questions.

*as of 10/1/2018