Find out how to navigate BMI Live.
If you are a member of BMI, you will be led to its BMI Live program whenever you submit a setlist to your account. This tool lets performing songwriters report setlists from the past six months for potential royalty payments.
Songwriters with direct deposit already set up will receive these royalty payments quarterly, just like their writer shares. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how it works:
- Log into your BMI account.
- Navigate to the BMI Live portal from the applications section in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Select “Add a Performance” in the right hand corner of the portal.
- Fill out the information prompts about the performance (venue, attendees, etc).
- Enter your setlist details, including all of the original songs you performed and any covers. Each setlist you make can be saved for similar dates in the future.
- Submit and get paid according to BMI’s payment schedule.