Do I Need Separate ISRCs For Video and Sound Recordings?

They each have their own ISRC, but you don’t need to provide both.

A music video recording is seen as a separate entity than its source material even when the songs themselves match, so it will be assigned a different International Standard Recording Code (ISRC)

However, when you are registering with Songtrust or another administrator, you don’t need to supply the music video ISRC. Sound recordings are embedded into music videos via digital services like YouTube using the ISRC for the recording to link everything together - meaning if you have the sound recording ISRC, and your publisher delivers it to YouTube for you, you are all set for collections for any video that uses that recording.

For more information about ISRCs, check out the frequently asked questions in our Help Center