When you write original music and register the copyrights correctly and comprehensively, you will be able to start collecting royalties on that music in the following forms:
- Public Performance Royalties - Generated from the public performance of your song (such as a live performance or radio broadcast)
- Mechanical Royalties - Generated from the copying of your song (such as CD's and digital downloads).
- Sync Royalties - Generated from your song being paired with video or motion picture.
- Foreign Sub-Publishing - Generated from sources outside your country.
- Printed Music Royalties - Generated from printed sheet music.
Note - Streams on platforms such as Spotify and Apple Music generate both mechanical and performance royalties.