Synchronization royalties ('sync licenses') are paid for the use of copyrighted music in (largely) audiovisual productions, such as in DVDs, TV, movies, advertisements, and video games. In other words, a video producer must get your permission to use your music along with moving images of any kind. The permission is granted to them via a ‘sync’ license, which you or your publishing representative (Songtrust) negotiates with the video producer.

Did this answer your question?