Performance royalties are generated when a song is "publicly broadcast" such as on radio, television, in restaurants/bars/nightclubs, live, etc.
 When you write a song, one of your exclusive rights as the copyright holder is the right to perform your composition in public.
 If someone wants to use your composition for commercial use, they require a license to do so. Obviously, it's not possible for every TV / radio station, restaurant, live venue, jukebox, etc. to contact you for each use of your song. Instead, these businesses pay blanket licenses to Performing Rights Organizations (PROs), who then redistribute those license fees to their member songwriters.
 Songtrust can affiliate you with a PRO and will ensure that your songs are professionally registered for the collection of performance royalties.
 Be sure to rate this answer below. Not what you were hoping for? Email us:

Did this answer your question?