Help & FAQ

What are sync royalties (licenses)?

Last Updated: Jul 05, 2017 03:20PM EDT
Synchronization royalties ('sync licenses') are paid for the use of copyrighted music in (largely) audiovisual productions, such as in DVDs, TV, movies, advertisements, and video games. In other words, a video producer must get your permission to use your music along with moving images of any kind. The permission is granted to them via a ‘sync’ license, which you or your publishing representative (Songtrust) negotiates with the video producer.
Collect your royalties worldwide!
Learn More

About Us

  • Songtrust gives music makers the easiest way to get paid publishing royalties from the US and abroad.

    We help bands and songwriters register their songs with agencies around the world to collect royalties generated from their songs being played on-air, online, on TV and many other places.

Contact Us

  • Email Us
  • Email us:

Copyright © 2013 Songtrust. All rights reserved. Songtrust and the microphone logo are registered trademarks of ST Music LLC.