Help & FAQ

Do you need release information if I put out my own record?

Last Updated: May 03, 2013 05:22PM EDT

Yes! Recording information is completely different than publishing information, so this additional data helps better connect your songs to royalties.

If you're distributing your music through a online service like CD Baby – rather than being released on a third-party record label – you will still be assigned an ISRC and some other helpful details.

Be sure to add these to all songs you register!

Collect your royalties worldwide!
Learn More

About Us

  • Songtrust gives music makers the easiest way to get paid publishing royalties from the US and abroad.

    We help bands and songwriters register their songs with agencies around the world to collect royalties generated from their songs being played on-air, online, on TV and many other places.

Contact Us

  • Email Us
  • Email us:

Copyright © 2013 Songtrust. All rights reserved. Songtrust and the microphone logo are registered trademarks of ST Music LLC.