When you add songwriters to your Songtrust account, we are verifying that they are valid through PRO databases. Sometimes, the songwriter's information is formatted differently, and isn't recognized. This can block you from adding that songwriter to your account temporarily. Not to worry!
Things to try:
- Double check all the information you are using.
- Make sure you take out any '00's in the beginning of your IPI number.
- Switch around the names that you are using.
- If you are using publishing entity information, try taking that out. If the writer is added, then just send us the publishing entity information over the chatbox, and we'll add it from the backend.
- If nothing is working, just send us all of the information that you are using over the chatbox. We'll be sure to help you add the writer.
You can see how to add a songwriter by watching this video.